The next update for Rocket League is scheduled for later this month, and it's bringing Competitive Season 11 Rewards and a few new quality-of-life changes to the game. Get ready to download the Season 12 Update on August 27 at 10 a.m. PDT / 5:00 p.m. UTC (pending first party certification).
This update will lay the groundwork for Rocket Pass 4, which will begin the following day on August 28. More info about Rocket Pass 4 will be revealed as we get closer to the day of the update. Plus, the Season 12 Update will add new stats and an all-new audio mix to the game. Get ready to show your teammates some love with the new "High Five" and "Low Five" stats. Achieve a High Five by colliding with a teammate in midair after a goal is scored. A Low Five is performed the same way, but at ground level.
The new audio mix that's coming to Rocket League will take advantage of High-Dynamic Range (HDR) Audio. To put it simply, HDR Audio will emphasize the game's more important sounds while temporarily lowering less important audio such as crowd and ambience to give players a clearer audio experience. We hope this new mix will be music to your ears! For more information about the work that went into bringing HDR Audio to Rocket League and how it affects the game, check out our recent dev interview with our audio team[www.rocketleague.com].
Competitive Season 11 Rewards
There isn't much time before the end of Competitive Season 11 and the Rewards are a brand new Boost!
Similar to previous Competitive Seasons, there's a Boost reward for each rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Champion, and Grand Champion). Grand Champion Rank will receive "Season 11 - Grand Champion" Title in addition to all of the Season 11 Boosts. Those who earned the Rank of Grand Champion in Extra Modes will receive the Extra Mode-specific Grand Champion titles. Remember, you have to complete your placement matches in a Competitive Playlist and fulfill the appropriate Season Reward Level in order to earn your rewards for Competitive Season 11. See the full distribution breakdown below:
- Bronze I or higher – Season 11 – Bronze Boost
- Silver I or higher – Season 11 – Silver Boost + lower Boost
- Gold I or higher – Season 11 – Gold Boost + lower Boosts
- Platinum I or higher – Season 11 – Platinum Boost + lower Boosts
- Diamond I or higher – Season 11 – Diamond Boosts + lower Boosts
- Champion I or higher – Season 11 – Champion Boosts + lower Boosts
GRAND CHAMPION REWARDS
- Competitive Grand Champion – ‘Season 11 – Grand Champion’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Boost + all Season 11 Boosts
Rumble Grand Champion – ‘Season 11 – RNG Champ’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Boost + all Season 11 Boosts
- Dropshot Grand Champion – ‘Season 11 – Floor Destroyer’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Boost + all Season 11 Boosts
- Hoops Grand Champion – ‘Season 11 – Dunk Master’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Boost + all Season 11 Boosts
- Snow Day Grand Champion – ‘Season 11 – Blizzard Wizard’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Boost + all Season 11 Boosts
(Note: Grand Champion In-Game Titles for Extra Modes are earned by achieving Grand Champion Rank in each individual Extra Mode)
Season 11 will end two hours before the update goes live at 8 a.m. PDT (3 p.m. UTC) on August 27 and Season 12 will begin once the update goes live. Competitive Season 12 will have the same soft reset that previous competitive seasons had. You will need to complete 10 placement matches per Competitive Playlist to earn your rank, which will likely be near your previously held rank.
You still have time to get to that Competitive Rank you've been working toward, so hit those Competitive Playlists. Good luck and have fun!